Kiwanis International is a "family" of organizations that focuses on teaching young children about the responsibilities of good citizenship, community service and building future leaders.
The Kiwanis Club of Keene sponsors five youth clubs:
• Builders' Club at St Joseph School in Keene
• Builders' Club at the Keene Campus of the Surry Village Charter School
• Key Clubs at Keene High School and Monadnock Regional High School
• Circle K Club at Keene State College
Our sponsored youth groups independently initiate service projects and community service activities throughout the school year. Our Kiwanis Club works through an adviser to each organization to coordinate our participation with their activities or to have them work with us on major service programs and fund raisers.
We are justly proud of our youth groups and their accomplishments which make our community a much better place to live. The activities listed below are a small portion of the many projects they are involved in:
• Raising money for children in Africa
• Visiting our state representatives to encourage them to support anti-smoking initiatives
• Alzheimer’s Awareness Walks to raise money to support medical research
• A yearly “Seniors Prom” to celebrate the senior citizens in our community
• Making blankets and raising money for the Kiwanis Pediatric Trauma Institute in Boston
• Clearing trash from Highway 9 entrance to Keene
• Collecting and distributing warm clothing at Common Cathedral in downtown Boston during the Winter
To find out more about the activities of our youth groups, contact the current club liaison as listed below.
|KSC Circle K||Kelly Pearson|
|Keene HS Key||Janet Genatt|
|Monadnock HS Key||Don Flibotte|
|St. Joseph's School Builders [See Student Organizations]||Betsy Yacubian|
|Surry Village Charter School||Mike Ward|